Sunday, October 11, 2009

ordering stuff for bass

It's hard to get stuff for bass. Music stores in Trinidad don't sell classical or jazz bass books or equipment. Imagine every time I pop a string I have to order it online. And let's not talk about those shipping charges!!! Guess as I am among the few bassists in the country there would not be a large market for it. I have had to be really careful to ensure that I don't pop any strings when tuning or anything like that. However, it would eventually wear down. Pops rosin also has to be ordered. I only use Pops. Does the job well.
Some of the better online music stores I have come across are musicroom.com and jwpepper.com. They do provide better service. The books are shipped via fedex or dhl. Like I said the shipping charges make things a bit more expensive but I think it's worth it. I think I want to try to be a music book distributor for people in my position because it's really not fair to be denied the joy of the bass, especially as the books are essential in contributing to having this joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment